Cohabitation Agreements by Manchester solicitors
Contrary to popular belief, there is no such thing as a 'common law' wife or husband in England and Wales. Unmarried couples do not have the same remedies on separation as married couples. When couples start living together, in particular when they purchase a house, they should consider entering into a cohabitation agreement to decide what will happen to their shared assets if the relationship breaks down.
A cohabitation agreement can decide
- how long the cohabitation agreement is to last and when it should be reviewed
- how the family home is owned
- how the mortgage and other household outgoings are met
- how specific debts are to be repaid
- how provision will be made for the care of any children
Provided there are no substantial assets or liabilities, and your partner agrees on the provisions of the agreement, we can draft your cohabitation agreement at a fixed price.
Visit us in our Manchester or Cheadle offices or call us today for more information about cohabitation agreements.
I like very much the personal approach of Mrs Taylor, rather than just being another file number on somebody's desk.
More client testimonials...